Interested in Alpacas or becoming a prospective breeder?
Come and spend a day or more with us at CHRISTAN FARM
Workshops are usually tailored by topic to suit your situation and needs.
As a guide to what you will learn, here are some of the topics covered in our workshops:
- Getting started.
- Farm management – is our property ready.
- Sheds and shelter, lane-ways and fencing
- Animal selection – where do you want to be in the industry.
- What to look for in an animal.
- Animal management – looking after your animal
- Caring for Cria and Mother
- halter training
- General animal health and care documentation
- Looking after Your New Acquisition
- Animal conformation
- Halter training
- Understanding Fleece
- General animal health and nutrition
- Reproduction management
- Record keeping
Showing Your Animal – For the breeder that wants to go the next level
This is a half day workshop with hands on working with animals. Topics covered are :
- Entering your animals
- Are they ready
- Understanding the judging ring
- What the judge is looking for and why that is
Managing Your Fleece – this is for the breeder that wants a better understanding of fleece and fleece management.
This is a half day workshop Topics covered are :
- Hands on working with fleece.
- A little theory of fleece, and understanding of follicle development, fibre structure and development
- A lot of hands on doing, Yes we’ll actually be doing it!
- General fleece management after shearing
- Recognising the different structure of fleece
- Fleece preparation for Showing.
We’d love to here from you, Get in touch with us